"After three days, they took me to the nearest missionary hospital, where they diagnosed malaria and a parasitic infection. I had to take quinine for malaria and some other stuff for the other. I got worse, could not eat, had to go to the toilet 20 times a day and was bleeding from it.
"I contacted Global Rescue. They managed to find the ONLY ONE helicopter in Cameroon, which belonged to a Singapore missionary outfit. They took me to Yaounde, where I went straight to a French Hospital.
"In two seconds they said I had no malaria, also that I had very bad food poisoning. I got an antibiotic and started to get better immediately. Without Global Rescue, the car trip would have been 18 hours. I don't think I would have come out alive. I am most grateful for their help, and advise any hunter traveling to far away places, especially rain forest areas, to take the necessary precaution and become a member of Global Rescue.
"Thank you for publishing this story. A lot of people can learn from my example. - Bela Hidvegi."
Here at The Hunting Report, we're glad to hear Hidvegi is doing better, and we're glad he had a Global Rescue membership when he needed it. Hidvegi makes six Hunting Report subscribers, that we know of, who have found it necessary to be evacuated for medical reasons. The causes have included pulmonary edema, a detached retina, congestive heart failure, a poisonous snake bite, a compound fracture and now food poisoning and bacterial infection. You never know when or how a potential medical disaster can strike.........(continued)