We have received some sad news from South Africa where popular taxidermist and sometimes PH, Rico Bouwer, was killed in a freak accident on December 29, 2007. According to an e-mail sent to us by subscriber Fred Williams, Bouwer died while trying to control a fire that broke out in his home. Seems Bouwer was outside the house using a garden hose to keep the fire from spreading when a large propane tank exploded. The airborne tank reportedly struck Bouwer, killing him instantly. A service was held for him in his hometown of Pongola, South Africa, early last month. Clients and friends may send their condolences by e-mail to Bouwer's brother, Marcel, Memorial funds have been established by Fred Williams in the US and Wiaan van der Lind in South Africa. Bou- wer's brother, who has been intimately involved in RicRey Taxidermy, and Bouwer's daughter, Runya, will continue to operate the business.